Thank you for your interest in applying for Fiscal Year 2018 discretionary funds through the office of Council Member Daniel R. Garodnick.
Both the Capital and Expense funding applications for Fiscal Year 2018 are now online. The Council has launched a brand new budget website, which you can find here. You can find the direct link to the Expense Application here and the Capital Application here.
Please note that applications must be submitted by the following dates:
- February 21, 2017: Expense funding applications due.
- March 24, 2017: Capital funding applications due.
As many of you know, in the past my office had required applicants to submit to both the City Council’'s website and to www.garodnick.com. This year, we will only require submission of the Council’s main application.
- We encourage early submission of funding requests! Submission of funding requests before the indicated deadlines provides our office with more time to review each application.
- Timely submission of funding requests is critical. Applications received after indicated deadlines will not be considered.
- All funding request applications must be submitted online, but a portion of the Expense funding application may require you to mail in additional information.
- Allocated funds are often disbursed late in the fiscal year (NYC'’s fiscal year starts on July 1 and ends on June 30).
Finally, please keep in mind that we receive requests for funding that far exceed available funds, and that groups that received city funds last year are not guaranteed to receive funds again this year.
If you have any questions once the applications are online, please contact Will Brightbill at 212-818-0580 or firstname.lastname@example.org